Today though I think the reality of it all is sinking in. I have waited so long for this little girl and in 13 days I will be flying to China to meet her and bring her home. It is stressful trying to make sure you have everything you need for the trip. The paperwork is the most important and I need to sit down and review it all again just for peace of mind. If I forget to pack something that will be ok, but I definitely need to have all my paperwork and money together and correct. That leads to todays venture...I am going to the bank to order money for China. For the adoption I will need to give the orphanage a sizable donation and it all has to be in cash. Brand new bills or close to it, no wrinkles, no pen marks, and no folds!!! They have to be perfect, GREAT! So I am going to order money today and then have to meticulously look through it when it arrives to make sure it will be acceptable for the Chinese government. No stress there, geez!!!! I will keep you all posted of this venture soon.
Thursday, September 2, 2010
Overcome with emotions
This morning I woke up and found myself overcome with emotion. The tears are following and I am emotionally and physically exhausted today. The last few days I have been physically tired in the mid to late afternoon and I am not sure what that is all about, but probably my body is telling me that I need sleep. My mind races every night with lists of things to do and what I need to get done before I go. I want things to be perfect and am learning that it always isn't going to turn out that way. Thankfully, Brian is keeping me grounded and reminding his "OCD" girl that everything is going to work out fine. Also thought it might be the Hep A shot that I got yesterday at the doctors office for the trip. One thing is for sure with all the stress I was worried what my blood pressure was going to be and holy cow, it was really good...110/70!!! That was a shocker, but relieved to know it isn't sky high for the trip.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)






No comments:
Post a Comment