Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Oath appointment today!

Emily with her new doll

Emily trying to take out her dollies hair ribbons

Almost has them pulled out now!

Mommy and Emily before the Consulate appointment!

Emily and her favorite Aunt!

Emily with her ice cream

Yummy!

Big grin


Big bite of ice cream!!!!

Today, we are on our last step before we can leave China with our children. We went to the Consulate and took an oath today and signed the last papers before we receive Emily's visa on Wednesday. I was acknowledged as one of the last remaining singles to be able to adopt from China. That was such a nice feeling to know that I made it through before all the changes happened. I feel blessed that I was able to adopt this little girl, she truly is my daughter and I love her so much. We decided to go to Lucy's for dinner tonight for one last time. On the way back to the hotel I suggested we stop and get an ice cream from the 7-11. Emily loved her ice cream, she even ate it all by herself. I will probably only be posting one more post from China and then we will be back in the States. My sister and I can't wait to go home. Emily has no idea what is in store for her, but I know that she will adapt well, just like she has here these last few days. Her life will never be the same now and I am thankful that I was chosen to be her mommy.

No comments:

Post a Comment