Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Guangzhou Zoo

On our way to the zoo, of course eating Cheerios!
Ezra, Amanda & Jeremy's son
Guangzhou Zoo






Giraffe's




Emily staying dry



Emily and Ezra-friends!
lions

Mr. Bear chilling in the water
a hippo
panda
A cute red panda wanted to come home with us!
A sweet tiny zebra


Today we went to the Guangzhou Zoo! Only two families ended up going. Mike and Andrea's daughter, Autumn has had a fever and it finally broke today, but wanted to keep her in which is understandable. And Kevin and Leann decided to stay back because their little Natalie, she doesn't like the stroller and it was raining. So Jeremy, Amanda and their little boy Ezra and Chimene, Emily and I braved the weather and headed out. We saw a ton of animals like lions, leopards, giraffes and a panda too. And the zoo wouldn't be complete without the most exotic animals we saw...the common house cat and the rat that ran out of a cage. I told my sister that I saw it and she asked where. I told her it was in the shrubs there and she said she would walk over here, so of course I had to scare and say "THERE IT IS NOW" LOL!!!! Too funny! Em let us know when she couldn't see the animals, but mostly she just wanted her Cheerios. That girl can eat and eat and eat, lol! Thankfully the really hard rain waited until we got on the bus and then Em decided she would fall asleep on my shoulder. Oh how precious and she is still sleeping now. She takes a 2 1/2 hour nap the orphanage said and they were right. Plus the girl sleeps 10 hours during the night too! Hopefully that will continue when we get home, I pray it will! We have to go to the Security Bureau today for her passport and then tomorrow is a free day. Chimene and I are planning to go to the market to do some shopping. Emily likes to shop already too. I got her a couple dresses to wear while we are here because the clothes I brought are almost all too big. She is wearing some 12-18 month clothes, little peanut. The 2T clothes I brought swim on her. I am sure with the way she eats, she will put on some weight on her little 22 lb body. Later tonight we are planning to head to Lucy's for dinner a popular restaurant here with adoptive families. I can't wait, gonna try their American cuisine tonight and they have french fries too! Subway left a little to be desired last night. Emily enjoyed my roast chicken sub more than I did. We are all ready to come home and glad that we only have 9 days left. My sister is amazed at different the culture is here and it truly is different here. Makes you appreciate what you you are blessed with at home.

No comments:

Post a Comment