Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Bittersweet day

Emily brushing her teeth, well trying too!


Brusha, brusha, brusha!

Emily and Aunt Chimene in the pool!!!!!



Enjoying the water!

Sun bathing...with the thumb!


Mommy and Emily

Emily had to put all the link toys on as bracelets!!! She loves her bracelets!


The Guangzhou gang having one last dinner together!

Andrea, Mike and Autumn

Amanda, Jeremy and Ezra

Kevin, Leann, Lidia and Natalie


The Cow and Bridge Restaurant

Today is our last full day in China and I am a little emotional about it. It is very bittersweet for me. On the one hand, I am so ready to go home and see my family, Brian, the pooches and kitties, but then we are leaving my little girls homeland. Her parents are here some where and the reality is that she will never ever know them. If in the future she would like to try and find them, I will do everything that I can for her, but most likely she will never have the opportunity to meet her birth parents. One of the reasons I chose Chinese adoption was so that her birth mother could not take her back. It just breaks my heart that she will never know them. I know they gave her up, but I know her birth mother is out there wondering if her little girl is alright. I wish I could tell her that I will love her as my own and care for her the best I can. I hope that she is at peace with her decision to abandon this beautiful little girl and I am so thankful that God has chosen me to be her mother. I promise to bring you back to China someday my little one and we will see your birth country together. We have her visa and Chinese passport and are ready to come home.
I am excited to bring Emily back to the US and see the faces of her Grandma and Grandpa for the first time when they set eyes on her. I can't wait to introduce her to her new "Forever Family" and friends. You are loved my little peanut, oh how you are loved. We have many exciting firsts ahead, some good and not so good. Her life will never be the same and I want her to have every opportunity possible.
I love my baby girl and I know my sister loves her too. She already is asking for her to come over on the weekends so that she won't forget her. Chimene, she won't forget you, she loves you and has bonded to you too. She cries when you leave at times, so I know she won't ever forget her favorite Aunt. Thank you sis, for leaving your family for 15 days and coming with me to get your new niece. I cannot tell how much I appreciate you being here with us. You are a great mom and I hope that I can be just as great as you are. I know you secretly are smiling inside, thanking God for giving me a little stinker just like her mom! Thanks sis!!!! I love you and I am so happy that we got share this experience together. I have a lot to learn about being a mom, but knowing I have such a great role model to look up to means a lot. Again sis, thank you for coming and Emily and I love you very much.
We went out to dinner to Cow and Bridge one last time with our Guangzhou group! It was so nice to get together one last time and talk about our new little ones. Emily was surprisingly very good. We took her to the pool today after breakfast for a couple hours and then did some last minute shopping to get rid of some yuan. I tried to give her only about an hour nap today because I wanted to put her to bed early. We are leaving in the morning for the airport at 5:30am. It is going to be such a long day for all of us. I don't think I am going to sleep well tonight because I am so excited about coming home. Anyways, poor Emily only got an hour nap and then we woke her up. Chimene and I laughed because she didn't not want to get up, poor thing. We thought we would take her to the playroom one more time and she laid down on the floor as soon as we got there, poor little peanut! She was so tired. We went to dinner early and got back to the hotel and she wouldn't go to sleep...of course! So I think I am going to have a cranky little girl in the morning. Hoping that she will sleep some on the way to the airport. We leave for Beijing at 8am and then leave Beijing at 4:10pm. I am hoping that Emily will stay up till about 8pm or so and then sleep her usual 10 hours or so and then we should be in Chicago! We arrive in Chi-town at 4:15pm and then depart for Traverse City at 5:44pm. Hope we can make it through customs and still make our next flight! Look out people and get out of our way..here come the two Polish sisters and the Chinese chick, LOL!!!!! We are longing for home and arrive in TC at 7:46pm, ALLELUIA! Home, Sweet, Home!!!!
This trip has been amazing and I will never forget it or the people I have met. This adoption has been a long journey for me with many bumps in the road, but I wouldn't have changed anything about it. It has made me a stronger woman and I would do it again in a heartbeat! I only wish that I could adopt again from China. Yes, I would do it all over again, but this time I would start with special needs and request a boy or girl. I would love for Emily to have a brother or sister from China. It is a dream that will never happen now due to the new laws, but a girl can dream. I just know that I love Emily with every ounce of my being. She is the best thing that has ever happened in my life. I love you Emily more than words can express.

In My Daughter's Eyes

In my daughter's eyes I am a hero
I am strong and wise and I know no fear
But the truth is plain to see
She was sent to rescue me
I see who I wanna be
In my daughter's eyes

In my daughter's eyes everyone is equal
Darkness turns to light and the
world is at peace
This miracle God gave to me gives me
strength when I am weak
I find a reason to believe
In my daughter's eyes

And when she wraps her hand
around my finger
Oh it puts a smile in my heart
Everything becomes a little clearer
I realize what life is all about

It's hangin' on when your heart
has had enough
It's giving more when you feel like giving up
I've seen the light
It's in my daughter's eyes

In my daughter's eyes I can see the future
A reflection of who I am and what will be
Though she'll grow and and someday leave
Maybe raise a family
When I'm gone I hope you see how happy
she made me
For I'll be there
In my daughter's eyes

by Martina McBride

I want to thank everyone for following our journey. I hope you enjoyed it. I hope that you will continue to follow our blog when we get home. I will continue to update my blog with pics and Emily's new life in America. I am truly blessed to have such a wonderful family and new little girl. Next post we will be home and in America!

2 comments:

  1. I have enjoyed following your journey! I hope you sister knows that she will always have an extra-special bond... you see, in 2004 I accompanied my sister and her family as they adopted their second daughter from China. I had no idea that the Lord was planting a seed deep within me and my own family! I returned to China in March of 2009 to adopt my own daughter!!! It is an unspeakable blessing for Lydia to have cousins from China!!!
    Happy Traveling to you both!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Michelle and Emily,
    What a wonderful life that has begun for the both of you. You both have been given the greatest gift of all....a family that you will share for ever. Travel safely and we can't wait to meet that pretty girl.

    ReplyDelete