Rice sold in bulk
Some type of snack..liked the panda!
Chimene and I preparing for the long flight!Ni hao! We have safely made it to China. The flight was long, but standing in the line at Immigration was horrible. I don't think they have discovered air conditioning anywhere in the airport. It was so warm, sweat was running down us. Lovely! Our flight was nice, we watched several movies and met fellow members of our group on the plane and other families adopting too. We discovered that on the flight we were sitting next to Marbeth Kipp, she judges dog shows and has judged at the West Minister Dog Show. Very nice lady to chat with. The ride to our hotel was a little scary at times too. The drive crazy here, cutting over and stopping on a dime, wow! The hotel is nice, but the beds are like two plywood boards..NICE! Gotta love it! Hopefully the beds at the White Swan are a little bit softer. After we got settled and hugged everyone I have been emailing in our group, we ventured out as a group to the grocery store for water and snacks. I can only imagine what the Chinese were thinking as we walked in a row with our umbrella's due to the rain. I saw a few smiles, laughs and finger points in our direction. I took a few pics at the store and it is just how I remembered it. Tomorrow is going to be a long day for us all. We are leaving for touring at 8am and won't be returning to our hotel until 6pm with no lunch break! Glad we brought snacks with us. I can't believe I am here...it is still surreal for me and for a few other soon to be mom's. Going to take some Tyelnol PM now and try and get some sleep. Big day ahead of us!






No comments:
Post a Comment