Monday, October 25, 2010

Carving pumpkins!

Mommy and Emily



Emily carving her pumpkin!

Finally getting her hands dirty!

Emily and Brian


Hayley, Mom and Emily

The birthday girl!!!!

This evening we went out for Chinese for the first time with Emily and the owner of the restaurant came over and talked to us and one of the waitress' cooed over Emily too. Emily enjoyed the egg roll, some fried rice and some of mommies Chow Fun noodles. When we got home we carved our pumpkins for Halloween. It was so much fun to watch Emily. She wasn't really keen on the idea of having to scoop out the pumpkin. She didn't want to get her hands messy, that's my girl. She likes to stay clean. She eventually got into the fun and helped picked the seeds out so that we could roast them later. She helped me saw out the face on her pumpkin. It was really cute when we were finished to see her looking inside the pumpkins at the lights in the bottom. She was fascinated by the light changing colors. We had a great time for our first year of carving pumpkins.
Tomorrow is Emily's 3rd birthday, but her 1st birthday here in the U.S. I am planning on having the family over dinner with cake and ice cream too. Today was Hayley's 6th birthday! Hayley is my boxer. We had a little celebration for her today, but she and Tucker celebrated a little more without us. While we were at dinner they ate the 2 banana nut bread loaves that I had just baked yesterday and we only had 2 pieces out of the one. So they had their party too! Crazy dogs, Brian found Saran wrap on the floor and asked what it was from and I looked at the counter and yep...both loaves GONE! I wasn't even mad, but knew something was up when I saw Hayley. She definitely knows when she has done something wrong. She was cowering and shaking even after I petted her and told her I wasn't upset. I thought it was kind of funny actually. She just wanted a little cake for her birthday. Plus, Tucker was the one who counter surfed because Hayley is too short to get where I had the bread. What a fun filled day at the Kozlowski house. Can't wait for tomorrow for Emily's birthday!

No comments:

Post a Comment