Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Care package

I sent Emily a care package in July using Red Thread China. Ann is a wonderful Chinese woman who runs this site. She does an awesome job of picking out items for each individual child. I am so glad that I chose Red Thread China to send my care package. Ann was very attentive and kept me updated until Emily received her package. I decided to send her the PJ care package, so she received a cute pj set, a blanket, a 27 exposure camera, candies for the nannies and children and a doll. I was so excited to see that Ann chose a Ni hao Kai Lan doll. Most times families will get a small update and new pictures of their child, but of course Panyu SWI, Emily's orphanage, is very particular about giving updates and pics. So needless to say I was very heartbroken not being able to get some pics of Em. Everything has been going very smoothly since my referral and if this is the only bump in the road left, then I guess I can wait another month or so to see my baby girl in person. I can't believe how much you can love someone you haven't met yet. I look at her picture everyday and pray to God that she is safe and being taken good care of.

 


1 comment:

  1. I am so thrilled for you Michelle! It is amazing the gifts God gives us, isn't it? She is absoulutely beautiful!! Your care package is so sweet :) I hope that the ladies at the orphanage use the camera to take pictures of her daily life. We were able to get a few photos of our daughters group and I know that these will be very important to her someday. It would be nice for Emily to have these type of momentos too. I love you both, and have you in my heart and prayers. Hugs to you my friend :)
    Kim

    ReplyDelete