Monday, November 29, 2010

Holiday traditions

Emily rolling out her dough

Aunt Chimene and Emily making pirogi



Concentrating really hard


My flour faced girl!

Mommy and Emily

We have started our holiday traditions and this year is a little more special for me since I have Emily in my life now. It is amazing to experience the holidays this year through a child's eyes. She will have so many firsts this holiday season and I can't wait. We have many family traditions that we do every year at this time. First we make pirogi and then comes all the sweets! Hard candy, chocolate candy and of course X-mas cookies too. Recently, my sister and I got together and made pirogi for our X-mas dinner. My Nana used to make them every year for us and we have continued on the tradition. Every year Chimene makes the dough, I make the shrimp mixture and my dad makes the kraut mixture and the potato cheese and bacon mixture too. You probably have never heard of shrimp pirogi, but my Nana made them every year and they are my sister and my favorite! It is kind of like an egg roll and very yummy! As we were making them this year Emily wanted to help too, so we gave her some dough, rolling pin and flour and away she went. Chimene showed her how to roll out the dough, it was so cute. She eventually had flour all over her face and loved helping mom and Aunt Chimene. I can't wait to make the candy and cookies with her too. This holiday is going to be so much fun for me and I can't wait to take her to see Santa too. Hope every one takes time this year and experiences some of your own holiday traditions.

No comments:

Post a Comment