Sunday, July 31, 2011

Summer

Playing in the sand.


Mommy and her beach baby!


So cute!!!!


Tucker an Em in the pool.

Playground fun with our good friend Ellie!


It has been a while since I have updated my blog and I thought what better time. I can't believe it will be almost a year this September since I met my daughter. Where has the time gone? I still remember the phone call I received last June 21 telling me that I had a referral. Little did I know then what was in store for me. Emily is a joy and is loved by everyone who meets her. We have had so much fun this summer so far. We have been to the beach several times! Lake Michigan and West Traverse Bay too. Emily is getting braver each time we go. I love watching her exploring the sand and the water. We have been picking up beach glass now each time we go and hope to display it in a glass container of some sort when we have enough. Emily has enjoyed fireworks a few times too. We went for a mini vacation down to Yogi Bear campground in Fremont, IN. and Emily loved the pools there too. She is definitely my little beach baby!



Emily has come a long way. Her speech is coming along well too. She is talking up a storm. I love listening to her sing to the radio in the car too. She usually only sings along to a couple songs on the radio and I am hoping to get a video of it sometime soon to post. It is soooo stinkin' cute too.


We have been thrown a lot of curve balls this summer and are trying to keep our heads above water and praying for better times. Emily keeps me going and I am so thankful that I have that little cutie by my side. She can always bring a smile to my face and I love that about her.


We are looking forward to spending the next week together going to the beach and maybe tubing too. It is nice just spending quality time with my daughter this summer.

No comments:

Post a Comment